Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I have much to share and much to say. I've filled my 57 years with many events and experiences - some good and some horrible. Join in and follow the life I've lived and the lessons I've learned!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Things Kids Say

I have some fun memories of the things my kids and grandkids have said - mostly when they're around two or three. I thought I'd share a few with you.

Little Julie, three, had trouble with her Rs when she was little. They would come out as Ws. One particular time she came downstairs ready to go somewhere. "Where are you going?" I asked her. "I'm going to the cow," she said. "Oh, the cow that gives milk?" I inquired. Her reply was priceless. "No, the cow that you dwive!"

I have a couple from Little Corrie. When she was two we were taking her picture. "Smile!" we said. Her response was sniff sniff sniff with her little nose. She thought we said "Smell!"

Next is my favorite one. One day Little Corrie, three, came in to talk to me. Very matter of factly, she stated, "Mommy, I don't kiss slugs anymore. I just pet them." How do you respond to that??? I said, "That's a good choice, Sweetie."

Recently my grandkids are following in their moms' and aunts' shoes. We were taking down Valentine's decorations and Little Ryder, three, was sad. I told him, "Don't be sad - pretty soon we'll put up St. Patrick's Day decorations!" He looks at me with big eyes and says, "Patrick? Oh, okay, I'll be Sponge Bob!"

Little Lyla, two, is coming up with good ones, too. Coming down with a cold she told her mom, "Mommy, my nose has water in it!"

As the little ones get older and talk more, I'm looking forward to collecting more. This time around, I'll try to write them down!




No comments:

Post a Comment